Thursday, September 22, 2011

Omelet? Omelette? Omelette looks fancier so I'll go with it.


The little ones are off to school with Hawaiian Rolls and frozen mini pancakes in their tummy's. Now it's time for the grown-ups breakfast. Once again I'm making my special cheesy omelette. I guess they are not so special since I make them just about every day but they taste special. I usually put them on English Muffins (Thomas's Promises) but I found Thomas's Bagels on sale yesterday buy-one-get-one-free. I cannot pass up a BOGO sale! I promise I won't bore you by outlining every meal, every day. I just thought my special omelette deserved a post.

House Omelette
1 - egg
Butter Spray
Shredded Cheese (my favorite is Shredded Cheddar but you can use any kind of cheese)
Salt & Pepper

Heat a small, non-stick frying pan (sprayed with Butter Spray) on Med heat. Scramble one egg in a bowl. Once the pan heats up, pour egg into pan. Don't touch it ! Salt & Pepper as desired. Remove from heat and let it set up. Once it sets, gently turn it over and put back on the burner. Put some cheese on 1/2 of the egg and fold over. Remove from burner. After about 30 seconds or so turn it over again. This will make sure the cheese melts evenly. Remove from pan and enjoy. Simple, fast, delish! Right, mine is done. Going to enjoy now.





7 comments:

  1. You go girl with the photos!! Now I want an egg!!! Stephe

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way mine would look that perfect. How do you flip it and keep it in one piece? Looks really yummy and maybe quick enough to make before I head out to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo could be on a magazine cover! Mine always come out rubbery and yucky! I am going to follow your steps and see if I can finally pull off a decent one! My mouth is watering, now! I love your blog!
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am freaky about undone eggs. I have to flip over the entire omlette then add chhese and fold. When I don't I always thing the gooey cheese is really undone egg. Yes, I know I have issues! LOVING your photographs! Can't wait to see what you are cooking tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anonymous ....no uncooked eggs here. I don't like that, either. I always turn it over then add the cheese. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Culinary note from hubby : you *can* make an entirely different sort of omelette by adding a little milk to your mixture at the start - this is *my* way of making them - they come out fluffier and thicker (personally I like mine browned on the outside - a little cake like and closer to a Spanish omelette !) but MQ tells me in her know-it-all 4 year old voice : Daddy, NO milk in mine, pleeeeeez !!! She has been too well trained by the head chef around here.....oh and also I find I can 'flip' them easier when they are thicker - doesn't always work and I have been known quite literally to end up with egg on my face but that's another story entirely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear hubby ....YUMMY! Your omelette sounds good. Tell you what, why don't you try it out on us tomorrow morning. Wake me up when it's done. :)

    "doesn't always work and I have been known quite literally to end up with egg on my face" ...and all over the kitchen !!

    ReplyDelete