Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Outback Steakhouse: S. Florida Ave, Lakeland, FL

We're not very big on chain restaurants but thought we'd give the Outback a go. It's been ages since we were there. I must say we were pleasantly surprised. We arrived very early (5pm) because our 4 year old starts to melt down around 6pm and it's not a pretty site. We could not believe how busy it was for 5pm. Though it was " a hoppin and a boppin" we had no trouble getting a table. The children's menu has lots of good choices. The regular menu has a great layout, is easy to navigate and understand. Just the right amount of choices so you don't get overwhelmed or confused. I decided on the Filet Wedge Salad. It was "Beauty Mate"! I don't usually get too excited about chain food, but this is one of the best steaks I've ever had. The steak was seasoned perfectly and melted in my mouth. The salad itself was yummy. I have had better wedge salads but I would order this one again. Hubby enjoyed his lamb chops and little girl ate her grilled cheese sandwich and green beans with gusto. Our waitress was not the best but all-in-all we'll be returning to the Outback.


No comments:

Post a Comment