Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gluten Free Caribbean Rice with Chicken and Peas


I'm going Gluten Free! So, rest assured unless I've stated otherwise, all my recipes are GF. Leaving gluten behind has been a lot easier than I thought. GF eating is a Low Carb diet on steroids. It's actually fun learning a new way of eating. I've learned that some restaurants have a Gluten Free menu. It is tough eating out, though. I haven't quite mastered that. But, I think I've got the cooking down pat. I learned a lot of the "Zatarains" flavored rice is GF. I've been experimenting with different ones. Here's one we've tried a couple times now. Of course I put my own twist on it. It's GF and, most importantly, it's delicious! Enjoy

Gluten Free Caribbean Rice with Chicken and Peas

I box Zatarain's Caribbean
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts; cubed
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 1/2 cups water
2 tbs butter

Brown chicken cubes (medium high heat) in a saute pan with tight fitting lid. Use a little olive oil or spray oil if needed. Add rice mix to browned chicken; stir. Add water & butter. Bring to a boil. Add frozen peas. Cover. Lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Take off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment